Sunday, November 7, 2010

Camping

Authored by Jacinto Miranda

I have always been an avid camper. We use to own a Volkeswagon bus as a kid and would frequently take the VW bus up to the mountains for the weekend. My parents would pop the top and sleep in the bed up top. My sister and I would fight over who got to sleep in the cool hammock and who had to sleep in the smaller bed below the loft. We would spend the weekend fishing and hiking.
We would cook hot dogs over campfires and gorge ourselves on marshmallows. I had such fond memories of these times that I decided it would be something to do with my children. I do not have a Volkeswagon van so instead I bought a 4 person tent and 4 sleeping bags. The kids and my husband were very excited about my new found interest in camping. My sons were already taking bets on who would see the most bears.
The day of the camping trip we set our HERE alarm and head out on the road. The drive to the state park that we were camping in was relatively short. When we got there we set up the tent and built a fire. The kids immediately wanted to go exploring. We set off on a hike fully intending to enjoy our first camping trip as a family.

No comments: