Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Celebrating Father's day

Thanks to my buddy Allen Mcauley for the guest post

Father's day is a special time for me to honor my dad. It's the one day out of the year that my siblings and I spoil him silly. His birthday is a pretty big deal also, but on Father's day, we all go a bit crazy. That's because he is a truly amazing father.

The first step in my quest to shower my dad with gifts is to turn on my laptop. I have a reliable hughesnet internet connection and I am not afraid to use it. In fact, I consider myself an expert online shopper. Why fight traffic and waste gas when I can surf the net instead?

Within a half hour, I had selected a bunch of great gifts sure to make my father happy. With my father's sense of humor in mind, I decided to throw a few choice gag gifts into the mix. Between myself and my two sisters, he would soon be up to his chin is merchandise.

I also ordered the perfect cake from a local bakery, and made a reservation using the hughs netinternet at my dad's favorite restaurant. Luckily, it is always much easier to get a reservation on Father's day than it is on Mother's day. Thank goodness for that, because this year the entire family will be there to celebrate. I am thankful to have such a great dad!

No comments: